Monday, September 19, 2016

Its our New Year

October seems to be our January... we left the states in October of 2014 and we have returned a few weeks before in 2016 but it is only temporary. 

We left our beloved Saga Sea in the Rio Dulce Guatemala.. she gets to rest.. she is being well taken care of by Oscar at Tijax Marina..

We had a great trip back to Texas.. we left Tijax on Wednesday morning for a 5 hour drive to Guatemala City where we stayed in an Airbnb home again... Mi Casa Too Casa.. this will probably be our place to stay each time we are flying out of GC..

So we left Thursday morning and flew to Costa Rica on Avianca Airline and had no problem with Schooner .. and she was perfect..

Our layover was quick and easy and then off to Texas on United.. once again no problems with Schooner... she held her potty until we were all the way through all the check in stuff... and we remembered to get them to stamp our passports...

And Customs was very impressed by Schooner's behavior..
They never seen a more alert and behaved "service" dog. Lol. That is interesting

So we got to Mother Boyd's home and but she is in Michigan... this allowed us to get settled in and organized... we got phones activated and work clothes for Steve..  

He left this morning for his first day... he is at Exxon in the Woodlands.  Hahah. All the safety rules really put him back quickly... they actually have a rule to hold onto the railing when on the stairways. Hahaha.

While Steve is working I will help Mother Boyd with the house and gardening.  As well as changing up my nutrition... if you havent known me for long then you dont know how I really am a health continuous person..  but I have been in a very long funk...

Back in 2009 my life changed completely... I was laid off, cared for my dying father, who was only 61., a year later he died, I went back to school and changes direction in life, then my mother dropped dead at 64.  She was my best friend.. kids grew up and we left to fullfill long time life goal.. 

I really thought things would work themselves out inside me.. but it just hasnt happen.. so this year is a reset year.. im working on balance.. balancing life while enjoying it..

So even though our sailing has been put on hold for a little bit our life havent. So I will continue this blog.. it is for us more than anything.  It is our virtual photo album.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's great that you're seeing this as your reset year. Love your positive attitude and taking charge of it all. I also love Schooner's outfits :-) Glad to see that you're going to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete