Friday, September 7, 2018

Three Week Stay With Flaca

So our stay with Flaca was just a joy.  She is such a sweet girl who appreciates her life greatly.  Schooner and I enjoyed our twice daily walks with her.  She taught Schooner how to hunt and guard.  She also taught her how to sit and be patient until she has the command to eat her meals.  




 At first, Schooner was intimidated by Flaca being larger than her.  Flaca gradually won Schooner trust and friendship. By the end of our stay, they were running rampantly together and picked on each other just like siblings. 

Steve continued his work on the boat.. becoming the varnish king.


We would get away visiting friends probably once a week.  Here is a couple of short clips of going to a restaurant in the jungle. 



As you see Flaca really did feel safe with us.  This photo is an example of why I feel having someone come to watch your pets in their own home verse sending them to a kennel.  She missed her parents but she was happy to be at home.  I think she just felt we were her guests there to feed and pet her. 

Steve enjoyed the shop at the home.  It made working on his projects a breeze.  I still wasn't able to convince him to purchase land so we can have our own shop.. hahah  
I worked on cushions.  I am a person all about getting the most out of products.  I will take good care of the things I buy as well as use them until they are falling apart.  Since I can't send them to be dry cleaned or steam cleaned I did the process myself with ammonia and water and the use of a wet-dry vacuum. 




As you can see Flaca was thrilled to have her parents back home.  Usually when you house sit you most likely will never see the pets again.  In this case, we can see Flaca whenever we come back to the Rio Dulce 



Because we are somewhat Gypsies, Schooner is ready to move onto the next adventure.









Ok, I'm not sorry... I have to show off my son and my gorgeous grandson.


Here is a shot of a small upgrade to SV Saga Sea..

Now we are back at Tijax Marina because we have plans to travel inland up to the highlands of Guatemala.  You will have to check back and see where we go and how it turns out.. Until next time my friends, be good to yourself and Others!


No comments:

Post a Comment